The German cockroach has 3 life stages typical of insects with incomplete metamorphosis: the egg, nymph, and adult. the complete life cycle is completed in concerning a 100 days. However, factors like temperature, organic process standing, and strain variations might influence the time needed to complete a life cycle.
German cockroaches breed endlessly with several overlapping generations gift at anybody time.Under ideal conditions, growth has been shown to be exponential. Actively growing field populations square measure comprised of 80 percent nymphs and 20 percent adults.
The German cockroach is omnivorous , uptake table scraps, pet food, and even book bindings.
- Adult size:13 – 16 mm
- collection of moults: 5 – 7
- Development time (Egg to adult): 1 – 3 months
- length of adult degree: 3 – 6 months
- number of ootheca produced in feminine life-time: Average 5
- selection of eggs produced in step with ootheca: moderate 30 – 40